Thursday, January 3, 2013

Better-Late-Than-Never Thanksgiving Post

Wow, I haven't blogged in a long time! Where has the time gone? I've also been very lazy about taking pictures. I just kept forgetting my camera. I know, I suck.

No review of our fall activities would be complete without including these pictures of Evie "helping" with the baking. In preparation for Thanksgiving we made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, a family favorite.


Rhett waiting for the inevitable morsel from Evie.
We spent a lovely Thanksgiving in Nacogdoches with all of my family. There were some new faces this year. We welcomed Matt's fiance, MaryAnn, into the family and Marc brought along Allison and Breelie. And that other precious new face? My adorable nephew, Andrew!

DuFrene family 2012
My girls snuggling. (Notice the lei Evie is sporting.) And who's that brown-skinned boy sitting there? Seriously, Mere, you can't call him Casper anymore.

We spent some time out on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather, making s'mores and looking at the stars.


Quiet time with Grammy.


On Friday we went on our annual Christmas tree hunt. I love going to the tree farm. It's so much more fun than getting a tree from the lot down the street.


After each family had selected the perfect tree we took a little trip to the duck pond at SFA. 


When we got back to Grammy and Pop's house it was time for the Christmas decorating to begin. All of the guys look forward to this every year because it means getting about 50 storage tubs out of the attic. Ha!

This is the one and only picture I took amidst the chaos. It's of Meredith holding her lid ornament. She made it when she was very small and it's had a place on the tree every year since. 


Stay tuned for a rundown of the Christmas season festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment